Want free, fun, and informative presentations at your school, church, or organization?
Southeast Psych clinicians are here to help.
Super Speakers at Southeast Psych is about putting psychology into the hands of as many people as possible to enhance their lives. Regardless of your age, gender, occupation, education, race, and overall life experiences, psychology can benefit you! Think about an aspect of life in which you hope to become better, such as parenting, sports, school, or relationships. In any of these cases, knowledge of psychology would be helpful in making positive change.
Some current hot topics addressed by our presentations include:
- Autism – With all of the proposed revisions to the diagnosis of autism in the DSM-V, there can be some confusion about signs and symptoms. To help others gain a better understanding of autism, Dr. Tracy Barcott offers a presentation called “Autism and Early Warning Signs” and Dr. Lauren King speaks about supporting siblings of kids on the autism spectrum.
- Body Image – Due to the media as well as cultural ideals, kids are becoming concerned about body image at a progressively younger age. Presentations like “Body Image, Media and Culture” by Dr. Bilal Ghandour and “Raising a Daughter with Healthy Body Image in an Obesity Focused World” by Dr. Heidi Limbrunner can help alleviate any misconceptions.
- Teens – As a parent, understanding the mind of a teen can seem like rocket science at times. Dr. Amanda McGough offers a presentation about communicating with teens, and Dr. Barrie Morganstein enjoys speaking about how to better relate to your teen.
- Marriage & Family – We’ve all heard the statistics about divorce, so let’s focus our energy on ways that we can improve the important relationships in our lives. For example, Dr. Jonathan Feather presents about relationship resilience and communication tips for couples.
- Parenting – In a world where technology rules, effective parenting must adapt to the changes in what we experience on a daily basis. Presentations such as “E-Parenting: Techin It Easy” by Dr. Frank Gaskill and “Understanding the iGeneration” by Dr. Dave Verhaagen can help you understand how to successfully manage the use of technology for you and your kids.
If you would like to set up a Super Speaker for your group or would just like more information, please visit our website at www.thesuperspeakers.com.